Monday, May 21, 2007

March 25, 1610

A lot has happened since the last time I wrote. After that last voyage we turned around once again and ended up in this land called Amsterdam. The fog there was unbearable and it was almost impossible to steer the ship. My crew was sick of the constant change
of voyage and were not treating me with the respect I would like, being their captain and all. After less than a week I decided it was impossible to sail through the fog and that we would head in a new direction and start looking for the route John Smith had told me about in his letter, so we left Amsterdam and now we are heading west in search of the new route. Smith shared some of his accounts of his past exploration with me to help with this voyage. Smith is a nice guy. By undertaking this search for a western route to Asia I hope that this is my chance to show everyone that I can have some success on an expedition. It is embarrassing that this now my third voyage and I still have not had one ounce of success.

No comments: