Monday, May 21, 2007

May 1, 1607



Hello brand new journal, my name is Henry Hudson and I am a European Explorer. Today I left Gravesland, England for my first voyage and I am so excited! I was hired by the Muscovy Company to look for a route that leads to Asia and the Indies. We plan to go about this route by sailing through the North Pole. The Muscovy Company gave me all new supplies and best of all a brand new ship called the “Hopewell.” I made sure to pick seven trustworthy crew members and I think I was successful in my choices. My main goals for this voyage are to find the route to Asia (obviously), and to show the Muscovy Company that I am a good explorer so I can be hired again for future voyages. They also promised me that I would live a wealthy life after completing this expedition. So when times get rough, I just need to keep the prize in mind.

No comments: