Monday, May 21, 2007

September 14, 1610


We have experienced a lot in the past few weeks. We have passed the cape and continued north until we passed Virginia. We met some new natives (although we did not stay long with them, considering the last incident with natives), and we even discovered a new river. Unfortunately, we have lost three crew members, one due to an attack by natives (ironic, I know). We captured these natives and forced them to wear read cloaks, but they escaped a few days later. We are close to a set of mountains; I can almost see them from here. I guess you could say this voyage was a success. We did not find the passageway, but we did discover a river. We sailed down the river and saw lots of abundant trees and plants along the river. I have them all recorded in my notebook. The picture on the right is a sketch of what the pretty trees looked like. I am proud of myself for enduring all the hardships I have had in the past two years and getting this far. At least this makes up for the other disastrous voyages I am known for. The only thing that discourages me about this voyage is that I feel my crew is plotting against me. I’ve been trying to keep a good eye on them lately, especially Juet. They all seem like they’re out to get me, and I really don’t know why. I think I have been a good captain! I will keep you posted.

No comments: